Caroline Beetz Fenske, PhD: Economics Researcher, Writer, and Editor
It would be a pleasure to discuss how I can help you in one or more of the following areas–anywhere from idea generation to editing your document:
- Conduct economic research (primary and secondary sources)
- Undertake statistical analyses (Excel, R) and prepare graphic presentations (PowerPoint)
- Write on a wide range of economics topics (MS Word)
- Analyze economic policies and provide recommendations on implementation and effectiveness (employing methods and standards used in international organizations)
- Edit economics documents (using MS Word track changes features, WordPress, or on hard copy)
Sample Projects Completed
• Wrote country and sector reports on Belize, Haiti, Nicaragua, and Panama and provided policy recommendations to the Inter-American Development Bank.
• Conducted statistical analyses using international trade databases for a research paper on East Asian technology exports.
• Provided editorial suggestions for various scholarly papers in business and economics, including for clients at the Department of Economics at John Hopkins University, Department of Statistics at University of Michigan, and Foisie Business School, Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
• Coached various PhD candidates, in conjunction with their thesis advisors, on their dissertations.
•Provided suggestions and wrote material for certain sections for three working papers on international trade for the Inter-American Development Bank.
• Fine-tuned two grant proposals submitted by the Department of Sociology at Cornell University to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
• Edited a book on the U.S. labor market for the Center for Labor Market Studies at Northeastern University, Boston.
• Delivered substantive comments and editorial suggestions on reports containing U.S. macroeconomic forecasts and policy implications for a university-based forecasting firm.
All versions of your documents remain confidential.
References are available upon request