Editing, writing, research:
We edit, write, and conduct research for our clients at universities, international development agencies, central banks, economic consulting firms, and private companies.
Areas of expertise:
- Editing: Documents are typically edited for both substantive changes and improvements in word usage, punctuation, sentence and paragraph flow, correctness of footnotes and bibliography, and consistency of tables and charts.
- Writing: Writing services are available for economic reports, country papers, sector/industry reports, policy papers, and articles for publication.
- Economic Research and Quantitative Analysis: Services include economic research, forecasting, surveys and data collection, statistical analysis, and graphic presentation.
- Online Class Development: Help is available to edit/develop course content for online economics and business classes using Blackboard.
Our core team on these tasks consists of:
Caroline Beetz Fenske, PhD, Economist/Writer and EWI Coordinator. Caroline has a PhD in economics and a professional certificate in editing. She works extensively with Federal Reserve Banks and formerly worked as an economist with the Inter-American Development Bank.
Zethyn McKinley, Associate Editor. Zethyn has an MA in international relations, a BA in economics, and a professional certificate in editing.
Kim Chase, Economist/Quantitative Specialist/Writer. Kim has an MA in international economics and finance, a BA in economics and math, and has taught an economics writing course at Brandeis University. She currently works with Prevedere and was an economist with IHS Markit.
We consult on economic policy matters and provide tailored services for international development and financial institutions. Our expertise is in the following areas:
General Economic Policy Consulting
We offer economic policy consulting services to entities, both private and nonprofit, for the purpose of supporting and advancing economic conditions in both developed and developing economies. In this role, we advise individuals, businesses, and governments on strategies and policies to solve economic problems that support economic advancement in both developed and developing economies. This includes macroeconomic, financial, and sector-level policies and analyses.
Consulting Services for International Development and Financial Institutions
- Writing executive-level documents: We successfully compile inputs from development professionals and organizations with various expertise into single concise, executive-level documents. These documents reflect strategic priorities of the institution(s) with the appropriate nuances in the language for target audiences, for example, shareholders, senior management teams, and the general public. A quick turn-around-time is available.
- Research and data analysis: We conduct research, data collection, and data analysis at the macroeconomic and sector level.
- Development editing: We work with economists and sector specialists to strengthen the message of their reports/evaluations, identify ways to enhance data reporting and presentation, and improve document structure, tone, flow, and design.
Our core team on these tasks consists of :
Tracy Betts, Partner for the International Development and Policy Division. Tracy held numerous senior positions at the Inter-American Development Bank; She has extensive experience working on joint multilateral development bank initiatives.
Mandeep Bains, Senior Economic Policy Consultant. Mandeep worked in high profile positions with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development; She also has lengthy experience working on joint multilateral development bank initiatives.