Editing and writing:
We provide economics editing and writing services for our clients at universities, international development agencies, the Federal Reserve, consulting firms, and private companies.
Areas of expertise:
- Editing: Documents are typically edited for both substantive changes and improvements in word usage, punctuation, sentence and paragraph flow, correctness of footnotes and bibliography, and consistency of tables and charts.
- Writing: Writing (and editing) services are available for academic articles, policy papers, economic reports, country papers, and industry/sector reports.
- Online class development: Help is available to edit/develop course content for online economics and business classes (e.g., in Blackboard).
Our core team on these tasks consists of:
Caroline Beetz Fenske, Economist/Writer and EWI Coordinator. Caroline has a PhD in economics and a professional certificate in editing. She works extensively with Federal Reserve Banks and formerly worked as an economist with the Inter-American Development Bank. Caroline also taught economics courses at three different universities.
Zethyn McKinley, Associate Editor. Zethyn has an MA in international relations, a BA in economics, and a professional certificate in editing.
Research and Consulting:
We conduct research and consult on economic policy matters. We have expertise in the following areas:
General Research and Economic Policy Consulting
We collect/analyze data and conduct research at the macroeconomic and sector level. Further, we offer economic policy consulting services to entities, both private and nonprofit, for the purpose of supporting and advancing economic conditions in both developed and developing economies. In this role, we advise individuals, businesses, and governments on strategies and policies to solve economic problems that support economic advancement in both developed and developing economies. This includes macroeconomic, financial, and sector-level policies and analyses.
Consulting Services Tailored to International Development and Financial Institutions
- Writing executive-level documents: We successfully compile inputs from development professionals and organizations with various expertise into single concise, executive-level documents. These documents reflect strategic priorities of the institution(s) with the appropriate nuances in the language for target audiences, for example, shareholders, senior management teams, and the general public. A quick turn-around-time is available.
- Development editing: We work with economists and sector specialists to strengthen the message of their reports/evaluations, identify ways to enhance data reporting and presentation, and improve document structure, tone, flow, and design.
Our core team on these tasks consists of :
Caroline Beetz Fenske, Economist/Writer and EWI Coordinator. Caroline has a PhD in economics and a professional certificate in editing. She works extensively with Federal Reserve Banks and formerly worked as an economist with the Inter-American Development Bank. She also taught economics courses at three different universities.
Tracy Betts, Partner for the International Development and Policy Division. Tracy held numerous senior positions at the Inter-American Development Bank; She has extensive experience working on joint multilateral development bank initiatives.
Mandeep Bains, Senior Economic Policy Consultant. Mandeep worked in high profile positions with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development; She also has lengthy experience working on joint multilateral development bank initiatives.
Kim Chase, Economist/Quantitative Specialist/Writer. Kim has an MA in international economics and finance, a BA in economics and math, and has taught an economics writing course at Brandeis University. She currently works with Prevedere and was previously an economist with IHS Markit.